95 Washington Street, Suite 598 Canton, MA 02021
+1 781-344-6200

Car Accidents

Trust Experience
Scale Lawyer Logo

According to the U.S. Department of Transportation National Highway Safety Administration in 2013, 32,719 people died in motor vehicle crashes in the United States. An estimated 2.31 million people were injured in motor vehicle crashes.

If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident you should take certain steps to protect yourself and your rights. First and most important, call 911, if you need to. Next, get the names, drivers’ licenses, insurance and contact information of all the drivers involved in the crash. After that, note the location, time and date of the accident as well as any factors that may have contributed to the accident. Next look to see if anyone witnessed the accident and obtain their contact information. If it is safe, you should take photographs of the scene and damage to the vehicles involved. Finally, when police arrive be sure you tell them what happened.

If you are injured, make sure you seek quality medical advice. Make sure you follow your medical providers’ advice and treatment plan. Sometimes many injuries are not immediately evident and may worsen over time and lead to chronic pain.

To protect your rights, you should call an experienced, knowledgeable and aggressive car accident attorney. Attorney Jason M. Ranallo is that attorney. Do not let the insurance companies attempt to persuade you with a small and quick settlement. It is important to know all of your rights as well as your obligations under the terms the Massachusetts automobile insurance policy.

Common car accident related questions:

“Who will pay for my medical bills, if I was injured?”
Under Massachusetts law, the automobile insurance company that insured the vehicle you were in when the crash occurred, is responsible for paying up to the first $2,000.00 of your medical bills. If you were a pedestrian or riding a bicycle when you got injured, the first $2,000.00 of medical treatment is paid by the vehicle insurance company that hit you. Once the first $2,000.00 is paid your private health insurance then becomes primary. If you do not have health insurance or if you have a particular type of health insurance, the automobile insurance company will pay up to the first $8,000.00 in medical expenses treatment.

This is also referred to as PIP coverage in Massachusetts. Medical Payment benefits may also pay for some or all of your medical bills.  The Law Offices of Jason M. Ranallo, P.C. will advise you as to the insurance specifics that apply to your individual situation and assist you with the documents required to ensure that your medical bills are promptly paid.

“Who will pay for my lost income as a result of the accident?”
If you cannot work because of your injuries, you can submit a claim to be reimbursed some for your lost income. Under Massachusetts law, the PIP coverage will reimburse you up to 75% of your lost income, if (1) you did not receive any wages or salary during the period you were unable to work and if (2) the total of $8,000.00 available to you under the PIP coverage was not exhausted by paying your medical bills.

It is important to know that the $8,000.00 in PIP coverage applies to both medical bills and lost income.

“Can anyone that was injured in a car accident bring a personal injury claim against the responsible party in Massachusetts?”
Massachusetts law limits lawsuits involving motor vehicle accidents, to injured victims who have suffered either certain types of injuries or to accident victims who have exceeded a certain dollar value of medical expenses as a result of their injuries. Massachusetts accident victims (and their survivors, if an injury causes death) may sue for damages from the responsible party(ies) for a car accident when one of the following criteria is met:

  1. The victim had died;
  2. The victim suffered a “permanent and serious disfigurement”;
  3. A bone is fractured;
  4. The loss of one of the five “senses”;
  5. The loss of a limb; or
  6. When the medical expenses from the injury(ies) equal to or exceed $2,000.00.

Attorney Jason Ranallo has been helping injured individuals in car accidents for over a decade. You can rest assure having the Law Offices of Jason M. Ranallo, P.C. working for you puts your case in the hands of an experienced, knowledgeable, aggressive and compassionate attorney who knows how to get results. He and his office will provide you with the personal attention and skill that each case needs. We will handle every aspect of your car accident case, including going to trial if a full and fair settlement agreement cannot be reached.

If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, call the Law Offices of Jason M. Ranallo, P.C. today at 781-344-6200 or contact the firm online to schedule a free consultation to review your case. For your convenience, home, hospital, evening and weekend appointments are available upon request. Let us show you what our knowledge, experience, and skills can do for you or your loved one. Call or contact us today. Your case will always be our top priority!